Syrian activists have reported a new massacre in the central Hama province, saying government forces killed more than 200 people in shelling and other attacks.
There were few details of attack on Traimseh village, which was reported late on Thursday by several activist groups.
A statement by the Hama Revolutionary Council said: “More than 220 people fell today in Traimseh. They died from bombardment by tanks and helicopters, artillery shelling and summary executions.”
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said it was aware more than 100 were killed from sources on the ground, but the group had only confirmed the names of 30 people so far.
Syrian television said three security personnel had been killed in fighting in the village and accused “armed terrorist groups” of committing a massacre there.